Southern Rhode Island Volunteers’ mission is to enhance lives by inspiring, creating and supporting a lifelong culture of service through our volunteer members and affiliates across Southern Rhode Island.
They accomplish this goal by serving individuals in the community by providing assistance and collaborating with community organizations providing other services. They serve by providing:
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Grocery shopping (client can be present, or a volunteer can take a list to the grocery store)
- Food delivery and/or Meals on Wheels delivery
- Visitation for isolated individuals (1 hour a week commitment for volunteers)
- SRIV also helps coordinate limited minor home repairs, yard clean up, and snow removal (for those 90 plus years of age without family)
- Respite for caregivers
Each year they host a fundraising event called ‘Edna Bernier Bowled Over’ and this year was our second year participating in this exciting event. We had such a great time bowling and participating in this event and are looking forward to the outing again next year!