Dr. Brian Bottaro enjoys his work as a general dentist with the South County Smiles team. He states that, “The Scope of General Dentistry has always challenged and excited me. I am proud of the array of services I have offered my patients.”. Dr. Bottaro attended the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine. He served as a President of the Manchester Dental Society and on the CT State Dental Association Board of Governors. He has served an active role on the Connecticut State Dental Society and has dedicated 40-50 hours per year to completing continuing education since his graduation. He is also multitalented; serving on several committees for the CT State Dental Association: budget, infection control, peer review, annual meetings and building committees.
In 2005, the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) honored Dr. Bottaro with fellowship and the second place award for his presentation at the winter meeting of that year. The ICOI in 2010 honored him again with Diplomat status as he was serving as an Associate Clinical Professor at the UCONN Dental School. He is also humbled by his peers recognition of him as they voted him “Top Dentist” in the Hartford Magazine for 15 consecutive years.
Dr. Bottaro is a proud member of several professional dental associations including:
- Connecticut State Dental Association, Member and Board of Governors
- ADA and Component Dental Societies
- President of the Manchester Dental Society, 1992
- Hartford Magazine “Top Dentist” award, 1999-2019
- ICOI presentation ‘Bone Graft Membrane Techniques’, Second Place Award Recipient
- ICOI, Fellowship (2005) & Diplomat (2010)
- Manchester Dental Society, Acting Peer Review Co-Chair (2009-2017) & Lecturer
Dr. Bottaro prides himself on his dedication to his patients and the wide scope of work he is able to successfully provide for them. The constant challenge and the varied work is something that Dr. Bottaro finds to be the best part of his work.