We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. South County Smiles will re-open for doctor visits as of Monday May 18, 2020 and will re-open for hygiene visits as of June 1, 2020. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming normal habits and routines.
- We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. South County Smiles will re-open for doctor visits as of Monday May 18, 2020 and will re-open for hygiene visits as of June 1, 2020. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming normal habits and routines.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. As we begin our phased approach for reopening, South County Smiles has been busy making changes to our facility as well as implementing new protocols to assure the safety of our team and patients. Some of these updates are:
- CURBSIDE CHECK IN:
- You will receive a text with a digital WELLNESS FORM to fill out 1 day before your appointment
- Upon arrival at the office, submit your wellness form to let us know you have arrived.
- When your treatment room is ready we will text you to enter the office.
- At this time, you will proceed to the screening station.
- SCREENING STATION:
- We ask that you enter with your facemask – if you don’t have one one will be provided
- We will also provide foot coverings upon entry into the office
- Handsanitizer and non latex nitrile gloves will be provided in efforts to minimize cross contamination
- A team member will be taking your temperature and oxygen saturation levels at this time.
- You will likely not spend any time in our waiting room, but should you need to you will notice that there will be no magazines, children’s toys or coffee stations available. These areas are difficult to clean and disinfect, so we have temporarily removed them for your safety.
- There will be newly installed plexiglass shields placed in our reception areas to add a barrier between you and our reception team members.
- We will also highly encourage digital payments and payments over the phone to try and minimize the exchange of items. We have integrated software allowing patients to pay by text (TEXT TO PAY) to facilitate this process.
- Appointment times will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This will likely mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Please be patient with us.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE):
- You will notice that our team will appear different when you arrive for your appointment. We will be wearing gowns, facial masks, goggles, face shields, gloves and booties.
- Our appearance and PPE will be different, but please know we are smiling behind all of our coverings and are overjoyed to be able to be caring for your dental needs once again.
- YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- We ask that only the scheduled patient enter the office – we are prohibited to allow unessential companions to enter the procedure rooms. If someone needs a companion, minors, elderly… they will go through the same aforementioned screening protocol.
- Operatory rooms will have doors (potentially temporary doors for the foreseeable future) to minimize the spread of any aerosols and allow our new medical grade filtration systems and UV Germicidal Irradiation Technology to work.
- Patients will be encouraged to schedule longer appointment times to minimize the number of visits to the office.
- SANITIZATION PROTOCOLS:
- MicroShield 360: is an antimicrobial coating that has been applied to all surfaces at South County Smiles. This coating has been proven effective with over 90+ pathogens, including the one that causes Covid 19. It works by bonding a nanoscopic “sword” to surfaces. The “sword” punctures the microbe’s membranes and is in place ready to pierce the next microbe that falls onto it. It will remain bonded to surfaces for up to a year with normal cleaning procedures. For more information, visit: https://www.ips-defense.com/
- High-Volume Evacuation Equipment: will minimize the spreading of aerosols during all hygiene and restorative procedures.
- Air Purification Systems: Medical grade HEPA Filtration will remediate any airborne pathogens found in aerosols that may have slipped past the High Volume Evacuation Machines.
- Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation: is a sterilization method commonly used in hospitals and medical settings to destroy airborne microorganisms such as COVID-19. We have installed it throughout the entire office. This will disinfect the treatment rooms at the end of each day and possibly in between patients.
- FOLLOW UP PROTOCOLS:
- Following your appointment, we will send a SMILE SURVEY and REQUEST. We ask that you please fill out these follow-up questions in order to help us maintain our health and safety requirements.
Our office will continue to monitor all infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Our office has always exceeded the recommendations put forth and will continue to do so.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about our reopening. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends. We are so excited to be able to be opening our doors once again to the community. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make your experience a more comfortable one.
For more information, please visit our website at www.SmilesRI.com
Or you can check us out on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SCountySmiles
- CURBSIDE CHECK IN: